Monday, June 19, 2017

Planted a couple of more seeds CMP and ADM

There is no secret why I love CMP. I have been nibbling for quite a while. This was just a chance to add a share at a discount. Purchased 1 share @64.90 Which brought down my cost basis for a 3.5% yielder at a 16.316 percent P/E ratio. The number one mineral is salt used to de-ice roads and in pools. 

The second buy 1 just a single share of ADM at 42.43. A solid 3 percent yield with a 48.5 payout ratio. So it is safe for some time. 41 years of Dividend growth and just a 17 percent yield.  It's a consumer staple that is down 5 percent in the last three months. So it looked like a good entry point.

4 comments:

  1. You picked up some nice yield with these two nibbles. I never really considered CMP before. Looks like an interesting play that's trading at cheaper levels with a pretty juicy yield too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith,

      No problem. I've been trying to find some value outside of the retail sector and these two companies fit what I was looking for.

      Delete
  2. Nice yields with these picks... keep hammering away and you'll see your dividend income grow nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DivGro,

      It's amazing how much it has grown already. It's amazing the impact a small buy here and there can have.

      Delete

Follow by Email

Sometimes the best moves are no moves

I have a little less than $50 in my Robinhood account right now. A combination of sividends and money from a Lending Club account I am phasi...