Monday, June 5, 2017

Recent Buy DFS

I initiated a position today in Discover Financial Services. A lot to like here. It's trading at 10.1 times its earnings. DFS is down 16% over the past three months and is currently trading at a discount. The yield is a little low at 2% but it has put together 6 years of growth and a Payout ratio of just 20%. The average price target for DFS is 77.02 and 20 of the 28 recommendations are a Buy or Strong Buy. Morning Star gives the stock a three-star rating. Additionally Discover has a reputation for customer loyalty and in addition to being a credit card also acts as a bank and is involved in student loans. I think there is a lot of upside here. 

I was able to get 5 shares @58.89 per share.





Let me know what you think.


3 comments:

  1. Hmm this looks interesting. A little low on the yield but its dividend is increasing.

    Where do you get your recommendations from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Mr. Robot,

      This particular tip was an undervalued stock of the week from Mr. Free at 33 (Jason Fieber). I then did additional research. But I get my information from a lot of diffent places and always do additional research.

      Delete

Follow by Email

Finance Lessons From Dad

It has been nearly two years since my father passed. There was a lot to admire about the man. I can't remember him ever raising his voic...