Feedspot Top 100

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Recent Buy GIS

I have been following GIS for six months and finally today I pounced grabbing 5 shares at 50.76 per share. I realize that the General Mills brand isn't necessarily what it was 5 years ago. But certain numbers I just love.

3.85% Yield
13 years dividend growth
63 percent payout ratio.

All that are at a near 52 week low. All that for a 18.3 percent P/E Ratio. I realize this consumer staple may not be what it once was in terms of market share. But I don't see them going away anytime soon. Time will tell but this feels like a good buy.

11 comments:

  1. GIS is on my radar as well. I was hoping for a market selloff or at least a few down days. The market is on fire though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Captain. I was hoping it would dip below 50. If it does I may go back to the well.

      Delete
  2. Good buy Seedling. And you are right, GIS brands are everywhere. I see aisles full of them everytime I shop. They are not going away anytime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by MDD. I know you bought GIS not too long ago. Hoping it keeps cranking out that dividend for years to come.

      Delete
  3. Awesome buy. I just got in them will get the next dividend just missed the last one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doug I missed it as well. Great price though.

      Delete
  4. Great pick up. GIS is on my short list for an October consideration along with HRL, HCP and others. There are some very solid companies trading at compelling levels these days. Nie yield pick up too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. I've been following HCP as well. I just can't pull the trigger for some reason. It was like that with GIS for a while too.

      Delete
  5. it will be on my radar from now,will pick up soon some shares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with that desidividend. I see we're co-owners of T. Love that yield.

      Delete
  6. Very nice buy Seedling. It is a company that Ihave had a close eye on since their price has fallen. Enjoy the stock and I'm sure that will make each bite of their cereal taste that much better for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Recent Buy GIS

I have been following GIS for six months and finally today I pounced grabbing 5 shares at 50.76 per share. I realize that the General Mills ...